The Farm at St. Joe’s program on the Ann Arbor campus is a great location to learn more about sustainable farming, practice healthy eating, and giving back to your community. We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds and abilities. We ask that volunteers be ages 15 and up. We welcome ongoing as well as one time and group volunteers. On-going volunteers are asked to select one to two shifts that they can attend regularly.
Volunteer roles include:
- Farming Volunteer: Volunteers learn about organic farming techniques and assist with weeding, pruning, planting, and harvesting produce and flowers.
- Farm Community Supported Agriculture Volunteer: Volunteers assist with assembling and distributing weekly CSA shares for CSA members. CSA shares are bags harvested by The Farm at St. Joe’s and other nearby farms.
- Farm Event Planning Volunteer: The Farm hosts a number of community events throughout the year, including the annual Luminary Walk. Volunteers will help to develop ideas for these events and plan logistics.
- Event Volunteer: Help community events run smoothly, can include welcoming participants, helping with activities, etc.
- Tabling Volunteer: Provides information to the public at community events.
For more information and to apply, please contact our volunteer coordinator at FarmVolunteers@stjoeshealth.org.
If you would like to donate to the Farm @stjoes, please visit stjoeshealth.org/ann-arbor and select SJMHS The Farm at St. Joes in the drop-down menu under Designation.