Do you need help eating healthier?
Join the Farm Share program at the Farm at St Joe’s! You will get weekly boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables.
What: We believe everyone has a right to high quality, locally grown produce. We don’t want cost to get in the way. We offer free membership to Farm Share Program to qualifying individuals. Join our program and get a box of fresh fruits and vegetables grown by local farmers every week. Plus, educational weekly newsletters, budget friendly recipes, and connections to other community resources.
When: April 13 — Dec 14
How: Pick up your bag from The Farm at St. Joe’s Oakland 44555 Woodward Ave, Pontiac MI on Wednesdays 3-6pm. We also offer a self-serve option upon request.
How much: $0
- Need for food assistance (examples include earning less that 80% of median income; having to choose between buying fresh fruits and vegetables and other necessities; having difficulty providing healthy meals; qualify for SNAP or WIC)
- Commitment and ability to picking up your box of veggies every week (missing two weeks will remove you from the program).
- Commitment to an in-person orientation and filling out a post-participation survey.
Interested in the program, but don’t qualify? Check out our member-pay Farm Share. Learn more here
Please note that there are limited spots available and you may be wait-listed.
- People love it! Previous members reported:
- Eating more fruits and veggies
- Trying new fruits and veggies
- Feeling healthier
- Losing weight
- Having fun trying new foods with their children
- Support local farmers!
What Will I Get?
There will be different vegetables and some fruit throughout the season. Examples:
Spring: kale, radishes, oats, honey, peas, lettuce
Summer: tomatoes, zucchini, blueberries, corn, collards
Fall: Squash, potatoes, spinach, turnips, carrots, beets, apples
How will I get it?
Pick up happens at The Farm at St. Joe’s each week.
Option A: Traditional Pick-up Wednesdays 3:00-6pm
Option B: Self-serve pick-up
Available upon request