Do you and your family need help affording fresh fruits and vegetables and other food items?
Qualifying families can get $100 in online store credit to use on the Ypsi Area Online Market to buy local fruits and vegetables and other staples. The Ypsi Area Online Market is a virtual farmers market where you can buy local produce. Offering curbside pickup of your orders at each location for safe no/low contact.
This program is possible through the generous support of the Children’s Foundation of Michigan and the operational support of Growing Hope.
- Have one or more children living in the household
- Be experiencing food insecurity (need help affording healthy food)
- Live in the Ann Arbor/Ypsi Area
Here’s how it works:
- If you and your family qualify, a member of The Farm will help you create an account with the Ypsi Area Online Market
- You’ll have$100 in online store credit that you can use to shop on the Market
- Farmers and businesses then harvest and prepare your food
- The fresh, local food is delivered to the pickup site you choose, either The Farm at St. Joe’s or the downtown Ypsilanti Farmers Market.
- You pick up your items safely with no/low contact at the location that works best for you
Examples of what you can order:
- Apples, plums, and pears
- Beets, carrots, beans, greens, garlic, onions, peppers, sweet potatoes, potatoes, radishes, squash, and more
- Fresh herbs, apple cider, eggs, cheese, meats, bread, and other prepared food items
Check out the market’s offerings: https://growinghope.net/ypsi-area-online-market/
We believe food is medicine.
If you are in immediate need for food, please call 2-1-1 to speak with a community advocate.