Do you need help eating healthier?
Join the Fair Share program at the Farm at St Joe’s! You will get weekly boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables.
What: We believe everyone has a right to high quality, locally grown produce. We don’t want cost to get in the way. The Fair Share is our sliding scale payment option where we work with you to set a fair price that fits with your budget. Join our program and get a box of fresh fruits and vegetables grown by local farmers every week from Spring through Fall. Plus, educational weekly newsletters, budget friendly recipes, and connections to other community resources.
When: April 7 through December 8, 2021
How: Pick up your bag from The Farm at St. Joe’s (5557 McAuley Dr, right on the hospital campus!) weekly. Map
How much: Range from $18 – $6.25/week
How to pay: We offer a sliding scale and alternative payment options, including SNAP/EBT. After you apply you will be contacted to confirm eligibility and discuss the discounted Fair Share rate, that works best for your family.
- Have children under 18+ living in the household or pregnant
- Need for food assistance (examples include earning less that 80% of median income; having to choose between buying fresh fruits and vegetables and other necessities; having difficulty providing healthy meals; qualify for SNAP or WIC)
- Commitment and ability to picking up your box of veggies every week from April 7-December 8 (missing two weeks will remove you from the program).
- Commitment to an over-the-phone orientation and filling out a post-participation survey.
Interested in the program, but don’t qualify? Check out our member-pay Farm Share. Learn more here
Please note that there are limited spots available and you may be wait-listed.
- People love it! Previous members reported:
- Eating more fruits and veggies
- Trying new fruits and veggies
- Feeling healthier
- Losing weight
- Having fun trying new foods with their children
- Support local farmers!
What Will I Get?
There will be different vegetables and some fruit throughout the season. Examples:
Spring: kale, radishes, oats, honey, peas, lettuce
Summer: tomatoes, zucchini, blueberries, corn, collards
Fall: Squash, potatoes, spinach, turnips, carrots, beets, apples
How will I get it?
Pick up happens at The Farm at St. Joe’s each week.
Option A: Traditional Pick-up Wednesdays 3:30-6pm
Currently offering contact free curbside pick-up.
Option B: Self-serve pick-up
Come any time each week between Wednesdays at 12:30pm and Sundays until 5pm and pick up your bag from the walk-in cooler.