Do you need help eating healthier?
Join the Farm Share program at the Farm at St Joe’s! You will get weekly boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables.
What: We believe everyone has a right to high quality, locally grown produce. We don’t want cost to get in the way. We offer a sliding scale for our Farm Share Program to qualifying families. We work with you to set a fair price that fits with your budget. Join our program and get a box of fresh fruits and vegetables grown by local farmers every week. Plus, educational weekly newsletters, budget friendly recipes, and connections to other community resources.
We are also are offering our Farm Share for SNAP customers at a 75% discount – $6.25/week – from June 30th – December 8th. This is in partnership with the Michigan Fitness Foundation and their Michigan Farm to Family Program.
When: April 7 through December 8, 2021 OR June 30 through December 8, 2021
How: Pick up your bag from The Farm at St. Joe’s (5557 McAuley Dr, right on the hospital campus!) weekly. Map
How much: Range from $6.25 – $18/week
How to pay: We offer a sliding scale and alternative payment options, including SNAP/EBT. After you apply you will be contacted to confirm eligibility and discuss the discounted Farm Share rate, that works best for you.
- Need for food assistance (examples include earning less that 80% of median income; having to choose between buying fresh fruits and vegetables and other necessities; having difficulty providing healthy meals; qualify for SNAP or WIC)
- Commitment and ability to picking up your box of veggies every week (missing two weeks will remove you from the program).
- Commitment to an in person orientation and filling out a post-participation survey.
Interested in the program, but don’t qualify? Check out our member-pay Farm Share. Learn more here
Please note that there are limited spots available and you may be wait-listed.
- People love it! Previous members reported:
- Eating more fruits and veggies
- Trying new fruits and veggies
- Feeling healthier
- Losing weight
- Having fun trying new foods with their children
- Support local farmers!
What Will I Get?
There will be different vegetables and some fruit throughout the season. Examples:
Spring: kale, radishes, oats, honey, peas, lettuce
Summer: tomatoes, zucchini, blueberries, corn, collards
Fall: Squash, potatoes, spinach, turnips, carrots, beets, apples
How will I get it?
Pick up happens at The Farm at St. Joe’s each week.
Option A: Traditional Pick-up Wednesdays 3:00-6pm/Thursdays 3:00-5pm
Currently offering contact free curbside pick-up.
Option B: Self-serve pick-up
Come any time each week starting Wednesdays at 12:30pm through Sundays at 5pm and pick up your bag from the walk-in cooler.