Do you have a passion for writing, photography, audio, video, farming, and healthcare?! The Farm at St. Joe’s is looking for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about hospital-based farming and wants to assist in developing communication and marketing strategies for our programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Make recommendations for how to improve The Farm’s current marketing/promotional materials and propose new promotional materials
- Develop and implement a strategy for growing The Farm at St. Joe’s membership and promoting the local farms and their products in our Farm Share Program
- Create marketing materials and develop recruitment strategies for Summer Camp sessions
- Prepare an annual communications and social media / editorial calendar, marking specific days for promoting content (e.g., International Women’s Day to celebrate rural women farmers, national Eat Your Vegetables Day, etc.)
- Prepare draft press releases or op-eds
- Create content for The Farm’s website, social media, and newsletter (highlighting community partnerships, champion hospital staff members and promotion of local farm partners and their produce)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, have a love for social media, detail oriented, and an excellent writer
- Possible business, journalism, or English major, and/or have an interest in graphic arts
- Ability to produce video or audio news content
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe (Photoshop/InDesign), and working knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge around the local food system and ties to healthcare with the desire to learn more
5 – 20 hrs/week depending on availability
Preferable start date in February, 3-4 months in duration
How to Apply
Applications should include the following and should be submitted as a single PDF :
- Cover letter, which includes start date availability and addresses the following questions: What are your professional goals? How will this internship prepare you for your professional goals? What unique perspective will you bring to The Farm at St. Joe’s community?
Please note that interns must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and must receive credit for their participation (i.e., this internship should count toward the intern’s degree).
If interested, please send your application to:
Liz Tylander, Farm Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so submit your application today!