Do you need help eating healthier?
Join the Subsidized Farm Share program at the Farm at St Joe’s! You will get weekly boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables.
What: Join our program and get a box of fresh fruits and vegetables grown by local farmers every week from Spring through Fall. Plus, free items like cookbooks, knives, and cutting boards, as well as educational opportunities for the whole family!
When: April 8 through December 9, 2020
How: Pick up your bag from The Farm at St. Joe’s (5557 McAuley Dr, right on the hospital campus!) weekly. Map
How much: This program is free to qualifying families.
- You need help affording more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Examples:
- You have had to choose between buying produce and other necessities within the last month.
- You already participate in food assistance programs such as SNAP or WIC
- You have 1+ children in the household or you are pregnant
- You can commit to picking up your share at The Farm each week from April 8-December 9.
- You can commit to attending an orientation at The Farm and filling out a post-participation survey.
Interested in the program, but don’t qualify? Check out our member-pay Farm Share. Learn more here
Apply here! Please note, applying now will put you on a waiting list for 2021.
- People love it! Previous members reported:
- Eating more fruits and veggies
- Trying new fruits and veggies
- Feeling healthier
- Losing weight
- Having fun trying new foods with their children
- Support local farmers!
What Will I Get?
There will be different vegetables and some fruit throughout the season. Examples:
Spring: kale, radishes, oats, honey, peas, lettuce
Summer: tomatoes, zucchini, blueberries, corn, collards
Fall: Squash, potatoes, spinach, turnips, carrots, beets, apples
How will I get it?
Pick up happens at The Farm at St. Joe’s each week.
Option A: Traditional Pick-up Wednesdays 3:30-6pm
Come meet your farmers, try samples, learn new cooking skills and more!
Option B: Self-serve pick-up
Come any time each week between Wednesdays at 12:30pm and Sundays at 5pm and pick up your bag from the walk-in cooler.