This Swiss Chard Salad is a favorite and made very often around The Farm. It will surely change the way you feel about Swiss Chard and introduce more of those gorgeous bright greens into your diet.
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Wash and dry the chard and remove the stems from the leaves. Cut into thin ribbons. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Warm ¼ cup oil in a skillet, add breadcrumbs stirring frequently until crisp. Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper flakes. Toast for a minute. Remove from heat.
- Zest lemon into the bowl of chard. Juice lemon in a separate bowl. Add salt and ¼ cup oil.
- Add the parmesan cheese, dressing, and breadcrumbs to the chard. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.alexandracooks.com