The sun is finally shining! Our tomato seedlings are getting big and I’m feeling plumb tuckered out by the time I get home. Must mean spring is here!
A few farm announcements:
1. April 3rd is the last day to register for the Spring and Season Passes for the St. Joe’s Farm Share. (register today, click the farm share tab at the top of this page!)
2. There will be no Farmers Market until further notice. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to clone myself, so until we are able to hire someone to replace Lauren, I will need to be working on the Farm Share on Wednesdays. I apologize!
3. Please join us in supporting the Best Buddies Friendship Walk on April 13th. This group works to end social isolation for people with disabilities. Learn more here.
4. The Farm is being recognized as a 2019 Harkin Wellness Designee. Learn more about this program here. I will be in Iowa tomorrow to accept the award.
5. Check out this great article in Health Progress: “How the Farm at St. Joe’s Transforms Its Health System” by Rob Casalou.
Illustration by Larry Moore (I love this!!)