Last night I made a delicious meal! The menu included pork sliders, polenta, wilted kale, and a farm-fresh salad. It was the perfect meal to share with friends on a cold spring night. I want to share the recipe for the kale because it was particularly good and so simple:
Wilted Kale with Orange Zest
1 Bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Zest of one orange
Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove ribs from kale and cut leaves into bite-size pieces
- Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil, heat at medium-high. Add kale when oil is hot.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the pan and cover until greens are dark and wilty. Stir occasionally to ensure that bottom isn’t getting overly cooked
- Remove from heat and stir in orange zest and paprika.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.